Aina's Gruyère soufflé
- 3.52oz Gruyère AOP
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup and a half of milk
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of flour
- ½ tsp dry mustard (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add pepper to the milk and heat until warm.
- Grease the souffle pan with butter and coat lightly with flour.
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat, then add flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Over medium-low heat add the milk mixture to the butter mixture and stir vigorously until it begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add the egg yolks one at a time, mixing until well incorporated.
- Fold in the grated gruyere aop, dry mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat the egg whites into stiff peaks. Fold them carefully into the cheese batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and cook at 375°F for 30 min. Serve immediately.