Chestnut soup, mushrooms, Raclette, chives.
- 200g Raclette
- 100g chestnuts (dried)
- 1 white onion
- 100g button or cardoncelli mushrooms
- 5ml white wine
- 500ml vegetable broth
- 30g chives
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 100g sliced wholemeal bread
- Chestnuts: soak the dried chestnuts in water overnight, before draining them the next day and setting aside the water.
- Mushrooms: clean and chop the mushrooms into thin slices with a thickness of 5mm.
- Raclette: dice half of the cheese (50g) and place it in a small saucepan with 150ml of water. Bring to the boil for 15 minutes, turning occasionally, then drain with a colander and set aside the water. Put the other half of the cheese water into the fridge.
- Soup: brown the white onion in a small amount of oil. Once softened, add the white wine, half of the mushrooms and half of the soaked chestnuts. Brown slightly, then add the remaining water from the chestnuts and blend with a blender to obtain a thick cream. Add the remaining mushrooms and chestnuts, ¾ of the cheese water, and bring to the boil. Heat the vegetable stock and pour into the soup to obtain the desired consistency. Brown the diced bread in a little oil, before soaking it in some of the cheese water that is in the fridge. Leave to soften and set aside.
Ensure the soup is piping hot before pouring it into bowls to serve. Coarsely grate the cheese in each bowl, add the bread cubes to the cheese, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a little pepper, and finish with a sprinkle of chopped chives.